Saturday, October 4, 2008

When it Rains, It Pours!!

I thought that this is a very appropriate phrase for today. Not only because it has been pouring all day, but also because of my day's events...

On my way home from Park City my windshield wiper broke...not just stopped working, but flung out of control and was vertical from my window. I had to drive from Salt Lake City to Kaysville without being able to completely see out my window (due to all the rain).

When we got home, I decided to go get something out in the garage. When I got out there, I noticed that something was leaking from our fridge outside. Just as I had feared, the fridge and freezer are not running. The stuff dripping out was thawed ice cream, popsicles, and many other frozen things...Luckily I had moved many of my freezer dinners to my indoor freezer just days before...but I still lost lots of stuff, and we are cooking a couple of meals that could not be re-frozen. Don't worry though, Ben's Coke was just fine, we are very fortunate that coke can be warm and then be re-chilled!

Then to top it off, about half way through the whole broken fridge ordeal, I realized that I had never gotten our Winder Dairy milk out of the milk box yesterday. It was a pretty warm day yesterday and I had to chuck 2 1/2 gallons of milk...

I tell you, when it rains, it pours!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

And I thought my day was going bad, not even near that. It's got to mean you're in for something good, right?

Mike and Emily said...

Holy cow, Nat, crazy!!! I hope you had fun in Park City. Hopefully you found some good deals, and had a good little break.

Sheri Wojtasek said...

Maybe your body needed some extra stress to kick you into labor???? Well now you wont have to cook dinner for a couple of days....just reheat in the microwave!

Jodi said...

I hate days like that! One frustrating thing after another! Yuck! At least you had your coke to cheer you up.:)

Shanna said...

I just love to read your blog. I hated days like that.