Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Joy of Quiet Time!

I have come upon a new treasure...Quiet Time. I know what you are thinking, "Natalie, everyone knows about Quiet Time." and are probably right, but just recently I stepped it up a notch and had each of my non-napping kids take a "Quiet time" for 1 hour in their own rooms where they can read, play, sleep (rarely happens), or whatever they want to as long as they are semi-quiet.
Since we have been doing this, I have discovered that Macie has quite the imagination...the other day during quite time, she found her pretend cell phone and called each of the Disney Princesses and their respective Princes to come to a party at her house after her Quiet Time was over. (Paden still thinks that the Genie is coming to our house and keeps on asking when he will be here)


Today, she found her vtech camera (which makes movies) and is pretending to do a show about Disneyland. When Quiet Time was over she enlisted me to hold the camera and this is what she came up with...

I look forward to more funny stories that her imaginative mind will come up with!

Viva La Quiet Time!

2 comments:

The Stephensen's said...

Aww Nat you are so funny! Your kiddos are pretty darn cute. I love the little things that kids come up with to play. Its amazing what will entertain the mind of a 2,3,4,5 year old

Mike & Jen said...

That's awesome! My favorite part was when she said that we will stay in a ho-tayle. Lol! I love it! Thanks for chatting with me today! It was fun!