Monday, September 15, 2008

What the...?

This weekend Paden had a little mishap. We actually have no idea what happened, but Friday morning he woke up and would not walk on his left leg. He crawled around everywhere. After a few hours of this, I (being such a cold-hearted mom) told him to quit playing and start walking or no treats for him all day. He tried to stand up and wouldn't put any weight on that left leg. So I thought I would put an ace bandage on him and tell him that he was fixed and he could walk on it again. He thought that was pretty neat, but went to walk and still couldn't put any weight on it.

Now I knew there was really something wrong. So I finally decided to call the doctor and see what they thought. When we got there, my doctor wasn't in so we saw another one and he screamed the entire time because he didn't know her. She had a very hard time examining him and couldn't find anything wrong. When she left and I put him down he started to limp on it again so I grabbed her and told her to watch us as we walked out of the office. When she finally saw him walk she put a splint on him and told us if he wasn't better the next day to get an X-ray.

We decided not to get him an X-ray the next day because he wasn't in excruciating pain, he was just hobbling around. As the days have gone on, he has started to progressively walk better, but he still limps. It doesn't seem to bother him too much, he still likes to try to run around, but we still have no idea what the heck it was! We are hoping that he pulled a muscle or something like that, but what do we know!!!

6 comments:

Robin said...

Poor little guy, I hope it gets better soon for him. It's so hard to know what to do for those little ones!

Mike and Emily said...

Oh, the joys of motherhood. I told Mason to be tough and not let his shoulder bother him...when his collar bone was BROKEN! Love those mother moments. LOL.

Jodi said...

Doctors can be so frustrating! Why can't they solve every problem right when it happens. Sorry you had a bummer day!

Mande Browning said...

I don't want to scare you, but one of my earliest memories is of when I broke my arm and my mom made me wait 24 hours before taking me to the doctor and casting it. Be overly compassionate. It will be the best thing ever for all involved.

Shanna said...

Oh my heavens! You know when I was 5 yrs old my aunt go dust in her eye rolled a 3-wheeler that I was on. And I had a hurt leg my mom & dad tried to get me to walk on it and I ended up having a broken leg. That is what your story reminds me of. Good to hear that he is doing good.

Danielle said...

Ok so how do you know Matt and Robin? Matt is Clints cousin! Small world! It was good to see you yesterday, you are so cute and so are your little ones!!!