Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"O Stone"

Paden calls Yellowstone, "O Stone" so it kind of stuck. Here are pictures with our recent trip to Yellowstone...
Macie on Fishing Bridge

Over looking the Tetons at Jenny Lake

Sweet Little Sarah!

One of my favorite parts of the trip is visiting the Tetons, they are so majestic and beautiful. It was quite cloudy and stormy this day and we didn't get to see the tops of many of them, but I still loved it!



Ben & Paden in front of Gibbon River Falls. This one always freaks me out because of how close to the edge you actually are. I finally had to get back in the car or I was going to have a coronary watching the kids look at these falls.


While waiting for Old Faithful to go off, Ben gave Macie instructions over the walkie talkie (in her right hand). She was quite a ways away from us and I am quite sure that there were people wondering what the heck she was doing...In this picture she is being asked to raise both of her hands way up high.


and touch her toes...


and hop around on one foot!

Paden's favorite part of the trip was seeing the "O Stone" bus! He even got a toy one as a souvenir!


Yellowstone Lake from Fishing Bridge
Paden & Zach checking out some cool hot springs at West Thumb.


West Thumb black abyss hot spring.

Macie is working hard to finish up her Junior Ranger

The Ranger is interviewing Macie about all that she learned!

Macie gets a cool badge for all of her hard work with the Junior Ranger Program. She really learned a lot while she was working on this pack. She learned that Yellowstone is actually inside of a huge volcano and that there are lots of animals in the park to see!

Here is Macie hamming it up for the camera in front of Gibbon River Falls


Bob, Judy, & Macie over looking Mammoth Hot Springs


Paden is quite disgusted with Mammoth Hot Springs...He is not easily impressed!


Paden is being a Mountain Lion, this is the only wildlife we really saw!



Our cute family at Yellowstone's Grand Canyon!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

What a beautiful trip! It looks like you had a great time. I was laughing at your pictures because I can just picture the real life Macie and Paden in each of them. They are so fun!

Shanna said...

Looks like you guys had a good time. I love Yellowstone! You have a really cute family.

Brent and Laura said...

Cute pictures, Nat. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. We need to take that trip...I have never been to Yellowstone!

crystal said...

I loved the pictures. The overcast weather was making me want to go there again! You must have a fancy camera because your pictures always turn out so good. I'm glad you guys had fun!

Mike & Jen said...

I love the pictures! I hope we'll be able to go next year. Let's try to plan a play day sometime next week. It will get me out of the house (keep me from continuously cleaning)and give us all something to do. Your kids are totally not keeping us away!!! We'll come up and play! ( I totally didn't mean to rhyme. lol)

teresa and the boys said...

Hey Nat -- it's Teresa, Jen's aunt (that still sounds weird to say -- she's so much more like my little sister...). I got bored and saw your link on her blog and thought I'd say hi! "HI!"

My favorite picture is the one of Paden being a mountain lion. But not the Paden part. I love that you're hiding out in the corner!

Hope all is well with you guys -- are you so ready?