Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Race for the Cure

This last Saturday some of our family and friends enlisted in an awesome cause...we did the Race for the Cure in Salt Lake City in honor of Gummy Judy who, by the way just finished her last chemotherapy session! There were about 18,000 people that came out to support Breast Cancer Awareness, it was amazing to see that so many people have been effected by this. Some walked, some ran, and some cheated (Ben), but we all had a blast.


Pam and Kellie came down just to support us and to play with Hadlie while we raced. They are two of the most awesome people I know!
A family shot right before the race.


Paden wanted to run the race too...he kept on asking Kristi to run with him. Those short little legs of his sure are fast!


This is right after we all finished. Paden was convinced that I didn't run the race because I wasn't with him while he was running.


Try to picture 18,000 people crammed along the streets of the Gateway.


This is looking up at the sea of people that came out to support...they stream all the way up that street.


We happened upon Matt at the race it is amazing that we spotted him for all the people.


Jodi and I are sporting our super cool running jackets. (Thanks again Jodi!)


Mandee, Emily, Me, Stacy, and Jodi...I had such a fun time running with such amazing friends!

4 comments:

The Harvey's said...

Yeah I didn't see ya! Shocker! Yeah that was awesome. Really emotional. I am glad we did it. It makes me want to run a race (I didn't run this) anyways it was great, tons of people!

Kellie said...

That was a blast! Next year, I wanna at least walk in the race. Also, not my best picture... Thanks for putting it on the very top. :)

Jodi said...

You have the coolest family! That was so fun! Thanks for including us non-members!

korrock said...

so talking about those people cheating, i was one of them!!! i cut through on the last block but i was also 38 weeks pregnant... PS i still want one of the breast feeding covers so i'll have janelle get one cause i live all the way in salt lake if you want to email me your address and i will send you a check my email is kelsieorrock@hotmail.com thanks girl