Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Paden Likes It!

Last night Paden actually ate ALL OF HIS DINNER!!! (and no, it wasn't a peanut butter sandwich) I made Maddox Turkey Steaks for dinner, which are one of my favorites, and as soon as we sat down to the dinner table Paden starts in on the usual "I don't like this Mom" routine. I told him that if he wanted any treats that he was going to have to just eat his dang dinner. He popped a piece of the turkey steak into his mouth and the next thing I know, his entire plate was clean! I am not expecting this to happen tonight, or any other time soon; I am just saying, appreciate the small things when they do come your way...who knows, maybe I am not such a bad cook after all!
That's right, he is even eating the salad on his plate, he is holding a piece of lettuce.

Macie has always been my good eater, so it is no surprise that her plate is empty, but how do you make a big deal about Paden without reinforcing Macie? F.Y.I. Ben is not in the background praying, he is just trying really hard to finish his dinner...when he actually finishes his dinner, I will probably blog about that momentous occasion too!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

LOL, I thought I was the only one that would get the "I don't like this" treatment at dinner (and it's usually stuff mine never has had). We usually revert to a PB&J too. Hopefully this is a start of a trend for you! Whoo-hooo!

Shan said...

That is hilarious about Ben.. Logan is my bad eater and sometimes I have to feed him myself.. It is nearly impossible for him to clean his plate!! I am glad my kid is abnormal!

Mike and Emily said...

That is so great! Tell Ben if he eats his dinner, that we will bring him treats like we did for Paden potty-training. It might even be for an XL bag of dorritos and a 12 pack of coke!

Brent and Laura said...

I think Ben is actually praying that he will be able to finish! I don't see any doritos...maybe you should try breading chicken in them, he might eat it!!!

The Harvey's said...

I seriously thought that before I read it! I was wondering if Macie should be folding her arms too!