Friday, January 22, 2010

Tubes, Tonsels, and Pain...Oh My!

Wednesday we decided we didn't have enough drama in our lives and wanted to add more. Hadlie has suffered from ear infections for almost her entire 15 months of life. It was definitely time for tubes in her ears.
This is Hadlie after she calmed down...20 minutes after coming out of the anesthesia. The first 20 minutes included thrashing, screaming, kicking and arching her back!

In the evening, Hadlie was dancing around, talking and singing. I think she couldn't believe how much better she could hear!
Paden had enormous tonsils and so we decided to take those out. He has been snoring for quite awhile now and we are sure he has sleep apnea as well.

These 2 pictures are Paden's "before" pictures...notice the smile!

Here is Paden "after". When they wheeled him into where we were, he was screaming, and kicking the hospital bed! My children apparently don't wait up from drugs too well!

He was in quite a bit of pain... boo hoo.

This is the "after" picture, the little red spots are where the tonsils were. When the doctor came out of the surgery he said, "Paden's tonsils were HUGE!" They rate them from a 1 to a 4 (4 being the biggest) and Paden was a 4 plus! They completely touched each other! WOW!

4 comments:

Shan said...

oh my, lots of fun at your house! Good thing kids bounce right back after surgery! I guess it just comes with age. It is stressful though to have sick kids/surgery/going under.. I never liked that with my kids. I hope they are all doing better!

Robin said...

Oh wow I am so sorry to hear about your poor kids! I hope Macey is doing well and the other two get better soon! And I feel bad for you, it is no fun to be a mom of kids who aren't feeling well!

Chamberlains said...

I'm so glad your kiddos are on the mend. You're such brave parents!

Mike & Jen said...

Poor kids! But it will be so much better in the long run!! I hope they are still recovering ok!