Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Santa's Helper

Last Saturday night we had a family party where Santa came to visit. At the last minute Santa could not show up and Ben said that he would pinch hit for him. Ben pulled off the part quite well I must say...I think the key to getting him to open up is putting a red suit and a beard on him. Anyway, he was seated right next to Macie, the entire time that Santa was talking and giving out gifts, Macie was watching him quite closely. After he had handed out the presents and had each of the kids sit on his lap he soon left and Macie came over to me and said, "I think that was your husband." I was caught off guard and didn't know quite what to say. I asked her if she thought Santa could be everywhere at once or if she thought he might have helpers. She replied that he had helpers and that her daddy must have been really good all year to become one of Santa's Helpers! She handled it very well and after I told her that Daddy was a secret helper, she didn't say another word to anyone!
Cute little "Howie" in her Gingerbread outfit!

Hadlie slept through the entire Santa excitement.

Paden loves Santa and gets so excited each time he sees him!

Macie and "Santa"

4 comments:

Sheri Wojtasek said...

Oh that is priceless! Your HUSBAND....not daddy...that cute! Merry Christmas!

Jodi said...

I love it! Macie is so funny! How cool that Ben would fill in like that. I think he could have pulled it off at the ward party too. ;) Looks like the party queen is keeping up the pace regardless of a new baby. (Who is too cute btw!)

Mande Browning said...

Way to think on your feet, Nat! I would have spilled the beans and possibly ruined Christmas. LOL!

Chamberlains said...

I'm sorry. I'm stuck on trying to picture skinny Ben as the jolly Santa, but the weight difference is too much for me. How many pillows? Too fun!